7 Tips for a Successful Remodelby Nicole Wilson - October 20th, 2014
Posted in: Remodeling
Whether you’re looking for inspiration or already have a contractor in mind, Woodharbor Kitchen & Bath offers up seven remodeling tips in regards to what to look for when selecting a designer or working with construction pros for a successful home improvement project.
1. Mix solids with pattern and texture. The variety of materials makes the space more interesting and inviting.
2. Order a color sample before painting an entire space. Even for a designer it’s tough to choose a paint color based on a 1×2” sample.
3. Choose one or the other – a busy backsplash or a busy countertop. Mixing the two creates an overwhelming kitchen.
4. Design cabinets with proportional hardware. Many hardware suppliers offer a variety of sizes of hardware to compliment the width of the drawer or the height of the door.
5. Mix cabinet hardware selections. Place knobs on cabinets and pulls on doors or vice-versa.
6. Design functional cabinets to maximize the storage in kitchen and bathrooms. Design with more drawers, roll-outs, drawer dividers and other accessories, so customers get the most out of their cabinets.
7. Use different finishes in one space. Try two different countertops, two different cabinet finishes, and different metal finishes.
About Nicole Wilson